December 2018 Schedule
December is a month we celebrate the birth of Jesus. In Religious Science/New Thought, we do not exclusively celebrate the birth of the man but expand our celebration to the birth of the cosmic Christ in all of us, using the man as our Master Teacher. This month, we celebrate what it means to live from a place of Cosmic Consciousness.
December 2, 2018 – “Putting on the Christ”
- In the Science of Mind Textbook, Ernest Holmes write, “Christ is a Universal idea, and each one ‘puts on the Christ’ to the degree that he surrenders a limited sense of Life to the Divine Realization of wholeness and unity with Good, Spirit, God.” Today we “put on the Christ” through surrender of limitation and acceptance of Truth. Let’s celebrate!
December 9, 2018 – “Heeding the Cosmic Urge”
- The Cosmic Urge has been described as the desire of Spirit to express Itself. That Urge manifests itself in the macrocosm as the creation of Universes and all that inhabit them and in the microcosm as the creation of our unique, individual lives. How are you heeding the Cosmic Urge in your life? Today we will celebrate ways to say ‘yes’ to it and explore ways you may expand.
December 16, 2018 – “Earthly Symbols with Cosmic Meaning”
- The trappings of the season are everywhere, from Menorahs to lights on a Christmas tree. Today, we celebrate the cosmic meaning behind a few of the symbols of the season, realizing that each one can be a tool to support our expansion into Cosmic Consciousness.
December 23, 2018 – “The Celebration Continues”
- Christmas Day is just a couple of days away. The holiday parties continue, food has been eaten, gifts have been opened and the festivities continue. And the celebration continues as we deepen into our Cosmic Consciousness in a variety of unique and perfect ways.
December 30, 2018 – David McCloud, RScP facilitating
November 2018 Schedule
November Theme: “Living in the Land of Milk & Honey”
- This month we delve into the idea of Living in the Land of Milk and Honey, which is the land that was promised to the Israelites when they were enslaved in Egypt (Exodus 3:7-8): “And the Lord said [to Moses at the burning bush] I have surely seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt, and I have heard their cry because of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; and I have come down to deliver them out of the hands of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of that land and to a good and large land, to a land flowing with milk and honey.” This month, using Moses and the experiences of the Israelites as our examples, we will explore the consciousness required to live in our own personal land of milk and honey.
Sunday, November 4 – “The Power of the Great I AM”
- Moses spent three significant periods in his life, each deepening his consciousness of abundance and flow. Within the second period, he learned the Power of the Great I Am. Today, we will apply these three periods of growth to our lives and discover for ourselves the power of the Great I Am.
Sunday, November 11 – “Crossing the Red Sea and Gathering Manna”
- In moving from bondage to freedom, the Israelites needed to cross the Red Sea and have enough food and water to sustain them on their journey, should they make it across. In the physical realm, it was impossible to cross such a vast sea and equally impossible to bring along enough sustenance. Yet, they did cross the Red Sea and they had plenty of food and water. Today, we reveal the profound abundance promises found in these two “miracles.”
Sunday, November 18 – “Your Secret Weapons for Prosperity”
- Your secret weapons for prosperity are symbolized in two incidents in Moses’ life in the desert. From these two events, we can learn how to quickly claim our good even in the face of opposition and even in the midst of hard conditions. Today, these secret weapons will become yours.
Sunday, November 25 – “The Prosperity Laws of Opulence”
- Moses learned three prosperity Laws of Opulence when he was a prince in the Court of Pharaoh. This knowledge enabled him to provide lavishly for his followers over 40 years in the wilderness. By following these prosperity Laws, you too can be lavishly provided for.
February 2018 Schedule
February Theme: “Getting to the Heart of the Matter”
Sunday, February 4 – “The Heart of Your Dreams”
- At SACSL, we talk about bringing our dreams into fruition a lot. Today, we will talk about them again, but with a slightly different twist. Be sure to be with us for that twist and you may actually receive hearts, flowers, and candy!
Sunday, February 11 – “Realigning Your Heart”
- It is time for a heart-to-heart talk! Sometimes we talk a good game about wanting to bring our dreams from incubation to manifestation, but then time goes by, years go by, and they are still sitting on the shelf. What’s up with that? Today we take a hard look at that question, without blame or judgement, but with an eye toward realigning our hearts with our hearts’ desires.
Sunday, February 18 – “The Heart of Love”
- News commentator, author, and social activist Van Jones once said, “When it’s hard to love, love harder.” Doing that is high and holy work, that’s for sure. But what could be more important: Today, we get to the heart of love by looking at how we can “love harder’ in some very real and tangible ways.
Sunday, February 25 – “The Heart of Healing”
- We often say that there is nothing to heal only our wholeness to reveal. In a unique and powerful service, we will each have an opportunity to touch the heart of wholeness within us and call it forth in deep and meaningful ways. This is a service you won’t want to miss.
January 2018 Schedule
January Theme: “Awakening to Life”
Sunday, January 7 – “The Four Kingdom’s of Awakening”
Sunday, January 14 – “Awaken My Heart to Grace”
- God’s Grace may mean something different for everyone of us. Today, you will have an opportunity to awaken to your personal definition of this concept and then to move it out of the concept stage into an active, awakened experience in your life. It is through God’s Grace that we experience a life of beauty and wonder.
Sunday, January 21 – “Staying Awaken While Navigating the Wake”
- It is an absolute Truth that Spirit intends for us to live a life of beauty and wonder. And it is also a human experience that, at times, we feel like we are living in the wake of pain, upset, challenges, and strife. At those times, we might just want to pull the covers over our heads and go back to sleep. But the true beauty comes when we stay awake even in the middle of the wakes of life!
Sunday, January 28 – “Claiming Our Awakened Presence”
- As we bring our exploration of an awakened life to a close, this morning we will each have an opportunity to make a proclamation as we individually and collectively claim our places as awakening beings!
December 2017 Schedule
Sunday, Dec. 17 – “The Path to Wealth; 7 Spiritual Steps for Financial Abundance and Freedom!”
November 2017 Schedule
November Theme: “Abundant Living as a Way of Life”
Sunday, Nov 5 – “The Key to it All”
- Our in-depth exploration of Charles Fillmore’s book “Prosperity” begins at the beginning by clarifying and deepening into the fundamental basis of the Universe. You may think you know what this is… and you may. Then again, there may be more to be revealed!
Sunday, Nov 12 – “You are the Inlet and the Outlet”
- We have a saying in our New Thought teachings: “God can only do for us what God can do through us.” No truer words have been spoken. Therefore, we are both an inlet and an outlet for the Divine and for all aspects of the Divine, including this thing we call abundant living. How wide are your inlet and outlet pipes?
Sunday, Nov 19 – “Rich in Ideas, Rich in Life”
- It has been said that ideas are God’s first currency. Fillmore writes in “Prosperity,” that “our rich ideas will keep us in constant touch with abundance.” what does it mean to trade in the currency of ideas? Come today as we explore this profound idea!
Sunday, Nov 26 – “Let God Pay Your Debt”
- If this title intrigued you, then it served its purpose. As we bring this impactful month to a close, we look at the power, the significance and the seeming magic behind the idea of letting God pay our debts.
October 2017 Schedule
October Theme: “Intentional Creation”
Sunday, Oct. 1 – “What Station Are You Tuned Into?”
- We are always tuned into one of three internal radio stations. Two of them weaken the process and definitely bog down the progress of intentional creation. The other one enhances the process and expedites the progress. Join us and find out which one you are tuned into.
Sunday, Oct 8 – “What Stops You in Your Tracks?”
- The profound and eye-opening answer to that question is… your “upper limit.” What is an “upper limit?” It is the unconscious ceiling we put on our ability to truly reach for what we desire. When our upper limit kicks in, we squash our process and our progress of intentional creation. Come learn the various ways in which our “upper limit” stops us in our tracks, so that we can break free from it….
Sunday, Oct.15 – “Or, Is It a ‘Safe Problem’?”
- Creating something amazing isn’t necessarily easy. If it were, everyone would be doing it! But to live from God, as God, to God, it is our spiritual imperative that we be in the process of and making progress on our intentional creations. So, perhaps you have raised your ‘upper limit,’ but still aren’t feeling the joy… you might be really good at creating ‘safe problems.’
Sunday, Oct. 22 – “Standing at the Green Growing Edge of our Becoming”
- Hildegard von Bingen, the 16th century Christian mystic, spoke about “the green growing edge of our becoming,” referring to how we are all meant to grow in our awareness and in our inner knowing as expanding beings. As we continue our month of exploring the idea of intentional creation, we will bump up against that edge and expand it out a couple of feet.
Sunday, Oct 29 – “Intentional Creation In Action”
- We have spent the past four weeks deeply exploring and beginning to understand and release barriers and blocks to our intentional creative expression. Today we look at a three-prong approach to kicking our creative juices into gear, and we celebrate ourselves as creative beings.
August 2017 Schedule
August is Membership Month: Theme – Refresh & Renew
- We will refresh & renew by taking the highlights from four different books that are on my summer reading list
- Discovery Classes for new members & re-new members will follow services
Aug 6 – “Four Qualities of a (Redefined) Successful Life”
- Resource: “Thrive” by Arianna Huffington
- Huffington lays out four specific qualities that help us deepen into what it means to be successful
Aug 13 – “A Prosperity Treasure Hunt”
- Resource: “Prosperity” by Unity co-founder Charles Fillmore
- “Prosperity” was originally published in 1936 and even though some of the language is a bit outdated, the principles and practices in it are some of Rev. Beth’s favorites for living inside a prosperity consciousness.
Aug 20 – “Harnessing the Power of Love”
- Resource: “Inside-Out Healing” by Richard Moss
- In a brief exploration of this rich and empowering book, we will harness the Power of the Presence of Divine Love as a way to heal whatever may be ailing you!
Aug 27 – “Just ONE”
- Resource: “The ONE Thing” by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- If you want less distractions, stress and strain and more joy, balance and abundance, you can achieve that by mastering the ONE thing.
- What is your ONE thing?
July 2017 Schedule for Sunday Events
July Theme: Keeping Your Cool When the Heat Is On
Each week this month we will explore different hot topics and ways we can keep our spiritual cool when the heat is on!
Sunday Services @ 11:00 a.m.
July 2 : “Freedom in the Fireworks.”
- Within every hot spot, there is the cool grace of Spirit.
- On this Sunday we celebrate Independence Day for our Nation as we celebrate Independence Day for ourselves and our personal freedom in the midst of fireworks.
July 9 : “Finding Refuge in the Shade”
- Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light that shines in all kinds of weather.
July 16 : “Time to Simmer Down”
- Today we take an open and honest look at how we heat up with that emotional response called anger. Come today and learn how to simmer down when your anger heats up.
July 23 : “The Watermelon Credo – Part I”
- Wally Amos, otherwise known as “Famous Amos” the cookie guru, once wrote an engaging book entitled The Watermelon Credo. This Credo provides more ingredients for keeping cool when the heat is on… just like a cold slice of watermelon cools us off on a hot summer’s day.
July 30 : “The Watermelon Credo – Part II”
- Today, we conclude our look at the Watermelon Credo, and our month of keeping our cool when the heat is on… with some juicy thoughts.
June 2017 Schedule for Sunday Events
June Theme: Minding the Mind
Our New Thought – Religious Science teachings put a great deal of emphasis on what is occurring between our ears… we know what occurs in our minds informs everything in our lives from our relationship with the Divine, to our relationship with ourselves, to our relationship with others, to our relationship with work, money,play, health – and the list goes on and on!
June 4 : “That Just Blew My Mind!”
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. once said, “A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” Have you had your mind blown when you have taken on a new spiritual concept and then never been able to look at life the same way again?
June 11 : “Mind Over Matter”
- “Mind over matter” is a common phrase, and is used to speak to the creative nature of our minds. And while we would certainly agree that our minds are creative, is “mind OVER matter” accurate or is there more to it? Come today and find out what more there might just be.
June 18 : “Your Mind is a Vessel” (Father’s Day)
- Did you hear the one about the professor who traveled a vast distance to study under a Zen Master only to prattle on and on about what he already knew? Come learn the answer.
June 25 : “If You Don’t Mind, It Doesn’t Matter”
- While this may seem to be shallow statement, there is actually some deep wisdom in it. Let’s dive in and find out.
May 2017 Schedule for Sunday Events
Theme for May: You Were Meant to Succeed
Whatever your definition of success is, this month we will explore how to achieve it. This is a month to recognize and align with your inner creative power to succeed. Be sure to be with us each week because one week builds upon another… and we will not be backing up!
May 7 : “The Foundation for Success”
- Thomas Edison once said, “If we did all the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” Today we lay the foundation for astounding ourselves!
May 14 : “Transform Yourself for Success”
- Did you know that the average person has over 50,000 thoughts a day? And, did you know that most of those thoughts are TO you ABOUT you and that 80% of them are negative? What would life look like if you could make 80%, 90%, even 100% of those thoughts TO you and ABOUT you POSITIVE and life affirming? Today, you learn a practical way to transform yourself for success.
May 21 : “Celebrate Your Success”
- Today we amp up the energy of our work together by moving into the vibration of celebration, thanksgiving and appreciation. Learn the power of “The Poker Chip Theory of Success”
May 28 : “Success Starts Now”
- There is a power of Good in this Universe, and we can use it! And when we succeed, we make a difference in this world!
March 2017 Schedule for Sunday Events
Theme for March Talks: Bridging the Gap
Our founder, Dr. Ernest Holmes wrote: “Let us feel that our purposes are animated and inspired from on high and then let us go forth and make our dream come true in human experience.” These are inspiring words, but accomplishing this requires bridging the gap between incubating the idea and manifesting the dream. Sometimes that gap can be scary, and yet what we do inside it can make all the difference in the world. This month we learn how to bridge that gap.
March 5, 2017 ~ “Taking the Leap of Faith”
- What dream has been nudging at your heart that hasn’t yet been put in the incubator? And if it hasn’t been put there, why not? Chances are the answer involves fear in one of its many forms, shapes or sizes. On this day, we will join hands and support one another in taking the leap together regardless of our fears!
March 12, 2017 ~ “Building the Bridge”
- To build the bridge between the dreams of our hearts and their manifestation, we must learn how to use some very specific tools – and then we must actually use them! Over the next few weeks, we will explore the various tools to have in our ‘navigating the gap’ toolkit.
March 19, 2017 ~ “Half Way Across the Bridge”
- It may feel as if you are building the bridge to your dreams while you are walking across it. If so, that’s OK. By using the tools learned last week, this week, and next week, we will keep the bridge at least two steps ahead of us.
March 26, 2017 ~ “Reaching the Other Side”
- Today, we will explore our final tools for building our bridge and learn how, when properly and consistently applies, these tools really do bridge the gap between incubation and manifestation of our dreams. They really do get us to the other side!
January 2017 Schedule for Sunday Events
January 1 @ 11:00 a.m. – “Happy New Year and New Beginnings”
January 8 @ 11:00 a.m. – “Activating the Divine Creative Process”
- Today we lay the foundation of our Religious Science teachings_ getting back to the basics.
January 15 @11:00 a.m. – “Pronoia”
- Is it a word, or isn’t it? Come today and find out what it means… it just may become a word you want to add to your vocabulary!
January 22 @ 11:00 a.m. – “Expanding Your Consciousness to see the Spiritual Truth in All Things”
- You will learn more about the concepts that are important to living our Science of Mind teachings. Come today and learn how to bring them alive.
January 29 @ 11:00 a.m. – “Habitudes”
- Another new word for you. Come and explore our current habitudes and develop some new ones.
December 2016 Schedule of Events
December 4, 2016 11:00 a.m. – “Capturing the Spirit of You”
December 11, 2016 11:00 a.m. – “Capturing the Spirit of Peace”
December 18, 2016 11:00 a.m. – “Capturing the Spirit of Christ”
December 24, 2016 6:30 p.m. – “Christmas Eve Services” – Please note — there will be no services on Sunday, December 25
Spiritual Growth/Prayer Circle meets every Tuesday @ 7:00 p.m. Call Jeanine Bellendir, RScP 210-607-4582 for details/
Spiritual Growth/Men’s Circle meets every Sunday Morning @ 10:15 a.m. Call David McCloud, RScP 210-653-6698 for details